Move In & Move Out
2012 Fall Semester Move-In
On-campus housing opens on Thursday, August 16, 2012 for first time freshmen students who have previously attended a Placement Registration Orientation Period (PROP) and those new transfer students who have registered for Fall 2012 classes. Residents must check in at the Lincoln College-Normal Academic Building between 9 a.m.-4 p.m. to start the check in process.
Check back for more details regarding the schedule and activities for New Student Move In Day as the date approaches.
On-campus housing for returning students opens on Sunday, August 19, 2012 beginning at noon. Please do not arrive prior to noon, as Residential Life staff will still be occupied with New Student Orientation and not available to initiate the check in process for returning students. Returning residents will begin the check-in process in the Student Commons.
Check back in August for more details regarding the schedule and activities for Returning Student Move In Day as the date approaches.
2012 Fall Semester Move-Out
The Residence Halls close for the Fall 2012 semester on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 6 p.m.
Before leaving for the semester please remember to:
- Setup a check out time with your Resident Assistant 24 hours prior your check out.
- Unplug electrical appliances including mini-fridges (also clean out mini-fridges). However, do not unplug cable boxes, kitchen refrigerator, or kitchen stove.
- Close blinds and lock windows.
- Clean room and ensure that it is orderly and that dirty laundry is put away.
- Remove all trash and take it to the dumpster.
- Turn off all lights.
- Be sure to lock your door and take your key with you (after staff has entered your room, we will lock your door).
- Click here for common space checklist and responsibilities
- It is expected that a student check out either within 24 hours following their last final exam, or by 6 p.m. on Friday, December 14, whichever comes first.
The RA will inventory each resident’s room at the time of check out. Any damaged or missing items will be recorded on the Room Condition Report and appropriate charges will be made.
2013 Spring Move-In
On-Campus housing opens on January 3, 2013 for all new first year and transfer students. Residents must check in at the Student Commons between 9 a.m.-4 p.m. to begin the check in process.
On-campus housing opens for returning students on Sunday January 6, 2013 at noon. Returning residents must check in at the Student Commons to being the check in process.
2013 Spring Semester Closing Information
The Residence Halls close for the Spring 2013 semester on NEED DATE ADDED HERE. Please see below for more information on the check-out process.
- You must sign up for your appointment during Finals Week: April 29 – May 3, 2013.
- Schedule a 15 minute appointment with your RA.
- Each RA will have an appointment schedule posted on their apartment door.
- Failure to schedule an appointment may result in an improper checkout fee.
- A resident is responsible for submitting their key(s) and signing all paperwork with their RA.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Important Notes About Check-Out
- All residents must checkout either within 24 hours after their last exam or by Friday, May 3 at 6 p.m., whichever comes first.
- Note: In order to obtain approval to stay beyond the stated time frame, please see the Director of Residential and Student Life or Coordinator of Residential Life prior to finals week. Forms may be obtained from the Director of Residential and Student Life or Coordinator of Residential Life. Students with approval to stay for graduation should checkout by noon on Sunday, May 5, 2013.
- All roommates must thoroughly clean their room and apartment. The rule of thumb is your room should be in the same CLEAN condition as it was when you moved in. If your room is not clean you will be assessed a fee.
- Begin early by discarding some of the unwanted items you have accumulated throughout the year. For convenience and safety of others, keep all debris and belongings out of the hallways and common areas
- Additional trash dumpsters will be in place so students can dispose of unwanted items. If possible, please attempt to reuse or donate unwanted items.
- Replacement cost of common area damages will be divided among all occupants of the apartment unless one resident accepts responsibility. The last resident to checkout will be responsible for all damages or missing items not already accounted for. Please communicate with your roommate(s) concerning any pending damages. Decide on responsibility now, or be present at the checkout of your roommates.
Checklist for Check Out/Room Cleaning
This checklist is provided to make your checkout as smooth as possible. By following this list, it may help you avoid unnecessary charges for cleaning and damages.
- Remove all personal belongings from the room. Dispose of properly.
- Remove all posters, decals, tape, poster putty, from doors, walls, appliances, windows, and mirrors.
- Clean closets and cabinets – dust shelves and furniture including desk tops, dressers, shelves, and counter tops.
- Clean windows and window sills, and mirrors.
- Wipe out drawers in desk and dresser.
- Return all furniture to its original position in the room.
- Sweep/mop/vacuum floors throughout the apartment.
- Take out all trash to dumpsters provided in parking areas.
- Empty and clean all kitchen appliances and counter tops, clean bathrooms including showers, sinks, toilets
(inside and out), faucets, and living room.
Once you have completed all of the above items, you are ready for check-out. Go to your RA at your established check-out time and have your room inspected.
If you have any questions, please contact your RA or a member of the Residential and Student Life staff.